Table of Contents
Structure of the report
II. What is community radio?
Actors and Interests
Telecommunication and Transportation Infrastructure
IV. Media in Afghanistan
The developing media landscape
- Radio Afghanistan / Radio Kabul
- Provincial Radio Afghanistan stations
- Radio Free Afghanistan and Voice of America
- Radio Sada-I-Solh
- Coalition Forces
- Radio Voice of Afghan Women
- Faculty of Journalism, Kabul University
V. Community radio in Afghanistan: Some questions and tentative answers
How will community radio fit in the public radio system?
Who is interested in community radio?
What type of local radio for Afghanistan?
Is there a grassroots demand for community radio?
What kind of programming would it have?
Will the legal and policy framework allow it?
How can community radio be independent and responsive?
What broadcast technology?
Persons interviewed during the fact-finding mission
2. Details of active organizations interviewed
3. Radio stations in Afghanistan
report was authored by Bruce
Girard and Jo van der Spek. It
is available for download from the Internet at http://comunica.org/afghanistan/cr_afghan.pdf
follow and discuss developments about community radio in Afghanistan,
subscribe to the CR-Afghan