Seventh World Conference of Community Radio Broadcasters
Seventh World Conference of Community Radio Broadcasters
Milan, 23-29 August 1998
Main | Activities | Local information | Register now! | Virtual Forum | Other links

Septième Assemblée mondiale des radiodiffuseurs communautaires
Milan, 23-29 août 1998
Index | Activités | Information locale | Registrez ici | Forum Virtuel | Autres liens

Séptima Asamblea Mundial de Radios Comunitarias
Milan, 23-29 de Agosto 1998
Indice | Actividades | Información local | Regístrense Ahora! | El Foro Virtual | Otros enlaces

amarc-1

Re: <amarc-1> Introductions

Hello All,

My name is B. Keith Fulton.  I am the Director of Technology Programs & Policy
for the National Urban League.  I look forward to our "wide-area
conversation."  I find it interesting to  share and test ideas w/o
propinquity.  The League has a network of 115 local affiliates who provide
direct services to more than 2 million constituents in the U.S.  Most of our
clients are low-income urbanites.  Their voices are rarely heard in forums
like these.  We hope to use information and communications technology to
change this "digital divide."  What's more, the inclusion of more voices will
make for a very interesting millennium going forward.  Their is value in the
voices that we have yet to hear.  I trust that this discourse will be lively
and thought provoking.  The quest for democracy might just yield something
close . . . .

Virtually,

B. Keith Fulton
Director