Seventh World Conference of Community Radio Broadcasters
Seventh World Conference of Community Radio Broadcasters
Milan, 23-29 August 1998
Main | Activities | Local information | Register now! | Virtual Forum | Other links

Septième Assemblée mondiale des radiodiffuseurs communautaires
Milan, 23-29 août 1998
Index | Activités | Information locale | Registrez ici | Forum Virtuel | Autres liens

Séptima Asamblea Mundial de Radios Comunitarias
Milan, 23-29 de Agosto 1998
Indice | Actividades | Información local | Regístrense Ahora! | El Foro Virtual | Otros enlaces

amarc-3

Re: <amarc-3> Why don't you say hello/salut/hola...?

Greetings,

My name is Kevin. I head an organization dedicated to creating, improving, and including people in virtual communities. We work toward incorporating online, digital and virtual environments into our working and playing lives in a healthy and productive manner.

I believe that participation in online environments could be among the guaranteed rights, and perhaps the Milan Declaration might be an appropriate place for such sentiment. It might be similar to Article 27 of the UNESCO Bill of Human Rights.

(Because I may refer to it often, I'll reproduce it here:

Article 27
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2.Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.)

My interest is in enabling all who desire it, access and recourse to the communities they wish to participate in and offering them credit and benefits for that participation.

I look forward to being educated by you about the issues of broadcasting and narrowcasting and hope to contribute toward the development of the declaration as it relates to inclusion in virtual communities.

Thanks,
Kevin C. Facemyer, Ph.D.
CEO of Digital Ekistics

A nonprofit organization